1999 Buick Custom LTD radio noise condenser location, pls...

Please redirect if I've posted out-of-place.

- Basically, my friend has the classic revving static sound in his AM reception...which makes AM radio useless. AFAIK this car is distributorless and the noise condenser can is usually attached very close to the dist. WONDERING: Where exactly is the radio noise condenser on this car? Thanks, dudes!

Reply to
Meatman

Just a wild ass'ed guess, but check the power lead going into the radio. The interference is usually from the alternator and/or the ECM...

Reply to
PeterD

There are capacitors all over that car. Its unlikely any of them have gone bad. Check the antenna coax completely, from end to end. Often, it partially comes out of the antenna, or radio, or somewhere in between and is no longer shielded.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Thx guys. Still, I have to ask one more time...anyone know where the 'radio noise condenser' is located?

Reply to
Meatman

I have not seen one of those in a very long time. At least 20 years. You can get one as an add on and put it anywhere on the B+ circuit. However, that is not the cause nor the fix for the problem.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

thx guys. we'll see what we can find.

Reply to