1999 GMC 5.7L engine quit running

I need some help. My 1999 GMC 5.7L just died as I was going down the road. No symptoms leading up to it. There was 1 'pop' from under the hood before it died. I have 85,000 miles on the motor. The fuel pump is working. The motor turns over fine. I am getting oil pressure as it turns over. The plugs, wires, rotor, and cap were all replaced less than a year ago. I checked all the obvious fuses. Maybe there are more somewhere I don't know about. Does anyone have any ideas where I should check to find out why my motor just decided to quit running

Reply to
richyork

Is it getting spark now?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

My 2000 5.7 did the same thing a couple weeks ago. It turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor. Check for codes. With mine it only set one code.

Reply to
Bill