1999 GMC 5.7L engine quit running

I need some help. My 1999 GMC 5.7L just died as I was going down the road. No symptoms leading up to it. There was 1 'pop' from under the hood before it
died. I have 85,000 miles on the motor. The fuel pump is working. The motor turns over fine. I am getting oil pressure as it turns over. The plugs, wires, rotor, and cap were all replaced less than a year ago. I checked all the obvious fuses. Maybe there are more somewhere I don't know about. Does anyone have any ideas where I should check to find out why my motor just decided to quit running
------=
richyork wrote:

My 2000 5.7 did the same thing a couple weeks ago. It turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor. Check for codes. With mine it only set one code.