1999 Monte Carlo Thermostat

How hard is it to replace a thermostat on a 1999 monte carlo. Is the thermostat accessible for a novice to replace?
Amy

Which engine??

-
Sorry - its the 3.1L 6 cylinders.
Amy

Easiest way to get at it is to remove the throttle body to gain access. It is in a tough spot.

-
As a follow-up to this I replaced the thermostat this morning and it did not fix the problem. Thought it was going to be an easy fix - but....
After seeing the thermostat did not fix the issue I noticed that even though the engine was warm on the top hoses that carried coolent were not passing coolant. It turned out one of the hoses connecting to the heating core was blocked up with gunk. Not sure if this was from some type of additive that was put in at one time (not the only owner of this car).
Nonetheless after clearing out the gunk I have heat again... I plan to follow this up with a coolant flush in case there is other junk in there.
Amy