1999 Olds Intrigue - Dashboard Bezel

Need to get to the emergency flasher switch. Seems that the turns signal are routed through the switch....the connector at the switch has become loose, causing the flashers to work intermittently. Do I need to remove the bezel to get to the switch? Is it just snapped in place? I assume that before removing the bezel, I need to remove the lower trim below the steering wheel and the trim around the steering column, behind the steering wheel. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you, Joe

Reply to
Joe Guarino

Document ID# 191368

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hazard Warning and Cruise Control Switch Replacement

Removal Procedure Remove the center air deflector. Refer to Instrument Panel (I/P) Air Outlet Vent Replacement Squeeze the retainer on the backside of hazard warning and cruise control switch. Pull the hazard warning and cruise control switch from the retainer in the instrument panel. Disconnect the electrical connectors from the hazard warning and cruise control switch. Remove the hazard warning and cruise control switch from instrument panel. Remove the hazard warning and cruise control switch bezel from the instrument panel trim pad by using a small flat-bladed tool to the release retainers.

Installation Procedure Align the hazard warning and cruise control switch to instrument panel. Squeeze the retainer levers on the backside of the hazard warning and cruise control switch. Press the hazard warning and cruise control switch into the retainer in the instrument panel until fully seated then releasing retainer levers. Press the hazard warning and cruise control switch bezel into instrument panel trim pad until fully seated. Connect the electrical connectors to the hazard warning and cruise control switch. Install the center air deflector. Refer to Instrument Panel (I/P) Air Outlet Vent Replacement

Document ID# 575161

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue

Removal Procedure Insert a flat-bladed tool under the left side of the instrument panel (IP) air outlet vent. Slide the flat-bladed tool to the right in order to locate the retainers. Grasp the IP air outlet vent and carefully pull rearward in order to release the retainers. Continue working toward the right side of the IP air outlet vent and release the remaining retainers. Remove the right IP air outlet vent panel.

Installation Procedure Position the IP air outlet vent to the IP. Starting at the bottom of the right instrument panel (IP) air outlet vent panel, grasp the panel and carefully push the panel straight in until the retainers are engaged.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Thank you Silver Surfer for the detailed instructions! I really appreciate the assistance. I plan to do the service work today. Will I need to replace the switch or has the connector just come loose from the switch? This vehicle belongs to my brother. He also mentioned intermittent operation of the AC. I wonder if a connector has come loose there as well? I will advise what I find, following the servicing. Thank you again. Best regards, Joe

Joe Guarino