1999 sunfire gt throttle cable

I have a 1999 sunfire gt 2.4 had to replace throttle cable I obtained one from a 97 cavalier seems to be the same but when I hooked it all up its pulling on the throttle as if my foot was on the gas which its
not, are the cables compatable or is there an adjustment if so how do I adjust it please help thanks Brian

If the cable "looks to be the same", meaning that it is the same length, then the first thing you should look for is a routing problem.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net