2 litre vax vectra

hello i hope if i can get help i have a 2 litre deisel vectra i had problems starting from cold, so i changed the pipes on the front near the injectors which were damged, also i decided to drain the water from the
fuel filter, now i think i have got air in the system readig the customer manual it say do not do not run out of fuel, its very complicated have to refer to vauxhall if any one can help. after changing the pipes the car did start but cut out as the fuel emptyed out of filter

did
Sorry, I'm not familiar with your particular engine. All Diesels I've seen have a manually operated purge pump somewhere in the fuel path (on the engine) with one or more bleed valves upstream that must be opened, to release the air. HTH H