2000 Buick Regal Oil leak

I have a pretty steady leak on a 2000 buick regal lse. It is small when sitting still but substantial when driving. I believe the problem may be the opil sending unit but I am not certain where it is located
or the best way to get at it. Any suggestions? KNow where I might find the schematics for the engine? -M
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

any particular engine package?

Try looking it up on Advance A/P or on Auto Zone site. They're often pretty good in telling you 'where' and 'how to'. HTH, s
On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:24:29 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com cast forth these pearls of wisdom...:

Any reason why you believe it is the sending unit? First suggestion would be to look for signs of leakage on the engine. If it is substantial as you state, you should easily be able to see where it is leaking from. Have you looked under the car and all around the engine compartment?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

I would also suspect a double gasket or leak at the oil filter. Could also be a sender. However the only way to find it would be to actually look for the leak.
Easy way would be to wash the engine down good, let it dry then start it and look for the leak. If you need more help dust down suspect areas with baby powder and look for the wet spot.
--
Steve W.

Does that work with chubby women too?
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Y'know, I was resisting that urge... thanks for taking that away from me:)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel