2000 cavalier

I have a 2000 cavalier.The heat and or air doesn't work on the 1st stage of the fan selector switch on the dash.the other postions,2,3,and 4 do.Is the
switch bad or could it be something else?.thanks
Probably the blower resistor.
Do you know where i can locate the resistor?.thanks

FYI...I went to the dealer and bought a blower motor resistor..The parts stores didn't carry that item so it was $30 at the dealer.Anyway that was the problem.Thanks for the help..And God what a job it was.I had to go buy a swivel for a 1/4" drive and stand on my head to get the blasted thing off..whew am glad it's over lol.So my daughter says her car is doing the same thing,she also has a cavalier.No rest for the weary lol..ciao

bob wrote in alt.autos.gm

Hand here the tools and tell her it is time she learned to do things for herself. After all, she is grown up, or almost. :-)

--
Dick #1349
Definitely the blower resistor. My second car is also an '00 Cavalier and the same thing happened. Just had it replaced under warranty a few weeks ago. Seems to be pretty common with these cars.