2000 Cavalier A/C

Can someone give me info on how to re-charge the A/C in my 2000 cavalier..thanks

Why what did you do to it.
"Paradox2" wrote:
> > > Can someone give me info on how to re-charge the A/C in my > 2000 > > cavalier..thanks > > > > Why what did you do to it.
I havent done anything to it..............it needs charging and was hoping someone could send me in the correct direction on how to go about that.
The right direction is to an A/C repair shop. If it has lost coolant it has a leak and this needs repaired. Unless you know haw to service it get help...

"Woody1" wrote: > The right direction is to an A/C repair shop. If it has lost > coolant it has > a leak and this needs repaired. Unless you know haw to service > it get > help... > >
> > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > Can someone give me info on how to re-charge > the A/C in my > &nbsp;> > 2000 > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > cavalier..thanks > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > Why what did you do to it. > > > > I havent done anything to it..............it needs charging > and was > > hoping someone could send me in the correct direction on how > to go > > about that. > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/GM-2000-Cavalier-ftopict111149.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pR2151
Go to Auto Zone, pick-up a can of R-134 refrigerant (should be $13), follow directions on can. there you go.
"slow2pt2" wrote: > Go to Auto Zone, pick-up a can of R-134 refrigerant (should be > $13), follow directions on can. there you go.
Thank you.

If your system is low enough to have air in it, you will have to take it to a shop to be pumped down. If it has taken 5 years to leak enough refrigerant to make it inoperative, then you may be able to get by, by purchasing a 134A charge kit w/gauge at your nearest FLAPS. Be careful if you do this. If you hook it up wrong, you could be blinded or killed. They make these kits pretty much foolproof, these days, but the warning is still valid. H