2000 Cavalier paint flaking

I have a 2000 Cavalier, with black paint. The clear coat is flaking off, and looks horrible. It started doing this about 3 years ago. Is this normal for the paint to do this? My wifes Taurus is a 99 and still
has good paint. Any recalls for this? Or do I bite the bullet and get it repainted on my own dime?

Unusual. I have had many 10 and 15 year old cars with no flaking. Are you in a tough climate? Salt air? Live or work downwind from a big smokestack?
I live about 40 miles south of Atlanta. Its hot here, but the Taurus is in the same climate, with no problems, also my 93 Roadmaster still has good paint. This has me puzzled.... Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

still
you
smokestack?
Check your warranty on the paint on that car. I am not sure myself, but isn't the paint warranty'd for 5 years?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net