2000 Cavalier paint flaking

I have a 2000 Cavalier, with black paint. The clear coat is flaking off, and looks horrible. It started doing this about 3 years ago. Is this normal for the paint to do this? My wifes Taurus is a 99 and still has good paint. Any recalls for this? Or do I bite the bullet and get it repainted on my own dime?

Reply to
snuffy

Unusual. I have had many 10 and 15 year old cars with no flaking. Are you in a tough climate? Salt air? Live or work downwind from a big smokestack?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Seems that blue cars suffer the most from this.

Reply to
Ryan Evans

Reply to
snuffy

Check your warranty on the paint on that car. I am not sure myself, but isn't the paint warranty'd for 5 years?

Reply to
Mike Marlow