2000 chevy Venture Power Window PROBLEM

The window on the drivers side will no longer go down. I picked up a new motor, but that is not the problem. The motor works fine to go up, just not down.

So is it the switch or is there a relay some where that is bad?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Reply to
ChrisGW

As you found out you can't just throw parts at cars today. You probably spent more for the motor than it would cost to have it diagnosed by a competent mechanic. It could be the switch or wiring or........ If you don't understand the logic or how to use a millimeter to troubleshoot it then have a mechanic look at it. It will be cheaper in the long run.

Reply to
Woody

Motor was cheap (free). I do not know how to use a "millimeter", but do know how to use a multimeter, which by the way lead to switch or motor and since motor was free that is the first thing I did. Switch is $74.00. But I would still like to know if there is another circuit relay besides the one in the switch.

Chris

Woody wrote:

Reply to
ChrisGW

Well a partial answer to my own question. Turns out the motor was bad. I found a melted wire when I took it apart. I also took the switch assy apart and found a bad spot on the board. I do not have the proper equipment to determine exactly what is wrong with the board, but a friend of mine does. So when I go to get a new switch in the morning (ok afternoon got to get some sleep) I will drop the old one off just to see what is wrong. I would love to know what caused what. Also I did not find any other relays which some what surprised me. It probably should not since the gods that be that created this vehicle did not even put in an on/off switch for the headlights when they are on at night.

Chris

ChrisGW wrote:

Reply to
ChrisGW

Sometimes pressing in the Parking Brake just enough to turn the dash "idiot" light on will turn out the auto headlights.

Reply to
80 Knight

I ended up putting in a toggle switch. Works great and I do not have guns being pointed at me when I go on a military base at night.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisGW

The problem was probably the motor starting to short out which caused the current draw to increase which burned out the switch. The motor itself has nothing in it to raise/lower the window. That is done by a simple reversing of the polarity from the switch. Same thing with the door locks.

Reply to
Steve W.