2000 GMC Jimmy: dashlight problems

my jimmy has got 2 problems with the dash warning lights 1) air bag light...(the one with the picture of the little man)is coming on and going off intermittently.
2) fuel gauge when it gets to 1/2 tank or less jumps when in park and i'm pretty sure it's not registering right. any suggestions??? i've only got 33,000 miles on this vehicle. Thanks
I am not a mechanic but my 1998 Jimmy did almost the same thing then started where all the dash lights would come on and off. It was the wiring harness in the steering column that plugs into the firewall. It looked like a hard fix but really was not too bad. Not long after that I had to replace the ignition switch wire harness. Just finished last night changing out the water pump next project is front wheel bearing. I am really starting to get frustrated with it. My daughter has a Jimmy just like mine but different color we both love the drive and ride but the repairs are adding up way too soon.