2000 Grand Am Cruise control problems

It seems to be intermittent, but some times the cruise control does not work. It can be turned on (little LED lights up on the steering wheel switch) but the cruise will not engage. It happened to me when it was
raining once, and another time in dry weather. When it stopped raining it started working again. Did any one else experience any problems with cruise control on these vehicles.
Thank you Maciej
Ps. Please respond to group only.
Don't have a answer to the problem, but using the cruise control during rainy driving conditions isn't a safe practice. The cruise system can loose control of the throttle should the drive wheels hydroplane and you'll likely find yourself in a corn field.
| It seems to be intermittent, but some times the cruise control does not | work. It can be turned on (little LED lights up on the steering wheel | switch) but the cruise will not engage. It happened to me when it was | raining once, and another time in dry weather. | When it stopped raining it started working again. Did any one else | experience any problems with cruise control on these vehicles. | | Thank you | Maciej | | Ps. Please respond to group only. | |
I had an almost identical problem and it turned out to be a broken wire on the control switch. It allowed intermitent operation and cut out at odd times. On the 1990 Suburban, this was a ommon problem (maybe that's true for other years/models).
****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~

All GM cruise controls will fail eventually, yours seems to have failed fairly soon though.
The control in my 93 GA failed about 97 or 98, but since I don't drive many highway miles anymore I really don't miss it.
Years ago I worked for a company that had a 1 ton club cab GM pickup as a light delivery vehicle, the cruise control on it would fail and get fixed then fail again. It finally got disconnected when one of the managers took the truck home one day while his car was in the shop and had the cruise control jam in the on position. Hitting the brakes didn't put the control into coast, the engine kept racing trying to keep him at 70 mph. He had to shift into N and then turn off the key to stop the truck.