2000 Impala again--Class 2 data

Update:

I tested Pin 59 of the PCM to the "splice pack" under the dash, and the Class 2 data from the PCM to that pack doesn't even return a resistance value. That would explain the cluster acting dead, the security flasher, and I assume a whole host of other stupid things such as the blower for the climate control not engaging.

Anything else I should look out for?

Jody

Reply to
Jody Lee Bruchon

I actually got the line to test out fine.

It looks like one clip on the splice pack is worn for some reason, which would make the connection intermittent.

I put the splice back in place.

It started.

The blower doesn't work, and the gas gauge says empty, but it started and the cluster works and the check engine light is GONE.

Now the ABS light is on, but I don't really need ABS anyway. Thanks everyone!

Reply to
Jody Lee Bruchon