2000 Impala problems

I just bought a 2000 3.8 and the car is occasionally hesitating before "lurching" into gear. I read some similar cases at http://www.mycarstats.com/ but don't know how to get the car properly taken
care of since the dealers are telling people they can't find the problem............... any help is appreciated.
My 2000 Impala 3.4 slipped before harshly engaging. In the first teardown they found metal in the pan & changed a valve. No change in problem. Then they changed a shift solenoid & the car shifted fine for a few months. The problem reoccurred & I believe they changed another shift solenoid. After a couple of slipping occurrences they kept the car for several days & couldn't duplicate the problem. It hasn't slipped harshly for a couple of months. I believe that there are 2 shift solenoids. I know that changing 1 of them fixed my car for a while. I hope this helps!

taken
How many kilometres (miles) on the Impala. I have a 2000 Impala that had the same issues at 103,000 kms (off of GM warranty) and the transmission had to be replaced. They found a seal cracked inside the housing somewhere. The onboard computer detected something wrong and placed the transmission into limp mode which basically puts high oil pressure at all conditions so you notice it when you shift out of park. Did you take it to the GM dealer to have the codes pulled? How is the color of the transmission oil? It had better be bright red, or else replace it... I did battle with the extended warranty company on my transmission as they insisted that the transmission should have been serviced at 80,000 kms although the owner's manual says 160,000 kms. They did finally pay but it was a battle. Along the way I asked the mechanic what happened and he was convinced it was a bad seal, he even showed me the crack. He also mentioned that this transmission has a good service record, better than most...He did advise to skip the GM maintenance manual on everything and cut the frequency in half, including spark plugs at 80,000 kms instead of 80,000 kms etc. Steve

Hi Don, The car has 45,000 miles (72418 km) on it, the mechanic said no codes showed up so he couldn't find the problem. I bought the car at a Ford dealer and bought a Ford warrantee. Ford sent it out to a Chevy dealer for the service. Since the car didn't "act up" at the dealer they did nothing except charge me $90. I haven't looked at the color of the transmission fluid, I assumed the service people did that.
Thank you for your advice Phobia

Thank you Mark, I'll keep this in mind next time I take it back to the dealer Phobia