2000 Impala will not start

2000 Impala will not start. Was running fine. Turned it off went into restaurant and car won't start...

Removed and cleaned battery connections, look clean. Have lights, fan, radio...everything works. Turn key to CRANK position, and gages all act as they normally do...indicates the ignition switch seems OK Removed and swapped Crank Relay with a fan relay and still no crank. I hear no solenoid clicking when I try to start... Placed from park to neutral and tried again...still no crank...

The car is in the parking lot of Tony Roma's at the moment waiting for me to come back with a good idea to get her going...ANY IDEAS???

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
shawnews

SgtSilicon

Should say, might not even be burned out but rather poorly connected. Try removing putting back in and putting a bit of WD40 on the terminals of them.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Hi SgtSilicon, Where is this fusible link???

Reply to
shawnews

Reply to
Shep

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Starter?

Reply to
bob

Reply to
shawnews

Glad to hear that helped, and that it was a relatively simple fix. We never enjoy problems but at least if the fix is easy it softens the blow.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Did you figure out the cause? Our 2000 Impala had a bad BCM and acted like that.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart