2000 Impala will not start

2000 Impala will not start. Was running fine. Turned it off went into restaurant and car won't start...
Removed and cleaned battery connections, look clean.
Have lights, fan, radio...everything works. Turn key to CRANK position, and gages all act as they normally do...indicates the ignition switch seems OK Removed and swapped Crank Relay with a fan relay and still no crank. I hear no solenoid clicking when I try to start... Placed from park to neutral and tried again...still no crank...
The car is in the parking lot of Tony Roma's at the moment waiting for me to come back with a good idea to get her going...ANY IDEAS???
Thanks, Steve
Fusible link.

Should say, might not even be burned out but rather poorly connected. Try removing putting back in and putting a bit of WD40 on the terminals of them.
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 02:42:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ihatespam.net (SgtSilicon) wrote:

Hi SgtSilicon, Where is this fusible link???
Steve

This vehicle, unfortuneately or not, does not have fusible links it has master fuses under the hood in the relay panel, is the security lite on the dash staying on, if so try another key, or do a key relearn, leave the ign on for 15 minutes, turn it off for 10 secs and try to start.

-
Sorry. Didn't know that it didn't ahve them specifically. I once had a car that behaved just like you describe and that's what it ended up being.

Did you figure out the cause? Our 2000 Impala had a bad BCM and acted like that.
Ken

Hello Group... Sgt Silicon was on the right track with the fusible link...I downloaded the wiring diagram and the 2000 Impala does have fusible links...
Loose connections on the Aux Battery Post....fixed the problem... Thanks from Steve...
says...

Glad to hear that helped, and that it was a relatively simple fix. We never enjoy problems but at least if the fix is easy it softens the blow.