2000 LeSabre mis-fire

My dad's 2000 Buick LeSabre misfires at idle, never at any other time. It's of course, intermittant, it'll mis-fire maybe 50% of the time when you stop at a light or stop sign. It's
quite noticable, you can feel it through the throttle pedal.
I don't want to hear, "They all do that" - does anyone know the cause of the mis-fire?
thank you, Mike/Toronto
Uncle Mike wrote:

It could be anything. Bad spark plug cables, bad spark plugs, bad coil, etc.
---Bob Gross---
It could be any one of several things. Does the "check engine" light come on? If so get the codes checked. How long since a tuneup? If it hasn't been tuned up for awhile, I would replace the spark plugs and plug wires first, then go from there.
Gary