2000 malibu, the parking brake chime and dash light are flashing and sounding the warning all the time

Is there a way to disable this circuit without dismantling the parking brake and diggint through the dash innards to get it?

the car has 60000m on it.

Reply to
chevychase

I did the oil change, checked the coolant and noticed scum on inside of coolant fill cap, stuck my finger inside and the finger was covered in oil!

The drained used oil was black and normal looking.

HELP.

My friend found this somewhere. I can't believe the problems with this car. The intake manifold gasket was changed at 30000miles, now the HEADGASKET????

Head gasket failure 3.1 / 3.4 / 3.8 GM engines.

--Scum on inside of coolant cap, and oil in the coolant tank

-- at first the leak is during the combustion stroke, oil with some combustion gases enter the coolant system. (this must be the state you are at).

Later, as the head gasket continues to fail and the passage opens up , then coolant will enter the piston, and cause steamy exhaust, excessive gasses in the coolant can damage rad hoses and radiator.

-- can be checked at the dealer with a device the detects combustion gases in the coolant.

-- if test is positive then both heads are removed, and tested and shaved for flat, then reassembled with new head gaskets, and new manifold gaskets.

This is an expensive repair, running in the ??/ well over a thousand dollars I'm sure. The car is probably scrap, even so it looks like new.

Its a do-able repair at home, but will take 3 days with a wait time for the heads to come back from the shop. Probably a week at least.

Reply to
chevychase

Reply to
chevychase