2000 Olds Alero Service Engine Soon Light

I live in Arizona, After the weather heated up I did the brakes all the way around rotors and pads. 74000 miles. Shortly after, the Service Engine Soon light came on, then it seemed to shift hard for a
while, then the light will go off and it shifts smooth again. It seems to keep repeting the same symtom. I took it in to the dealer, and they replaced a defective transmition switch and brake switch. The symtoms still show up. Any Ideas?
What is the code, this is necessary to answer any question pertaining to a pcm/trans issue.

http://www.autoforumz.com/GM-2000-Olds-Alero-Service-Engine-Light-ftopict127208.html
-
"" wrote: > What is the code, this is necessary to answer any question > pertaining to a > pcm/trans issue.
> > >I live in Arizona, After the weather heated up I did the > brakes all > > the way around rotors and pads. 74000 miles. Shortly after, > the > > Service Engine Soon light came on, then it seemed to shift > hard for a > > while, then the light will go off and it shifts smooth > again. It seems > > to keep repeting the same symtom. I took it in to the > dealer, and they > > replaced a defective transmition switch and brake switch. > The symtoms > > still show up. Any Ideas? > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/GM-2000-Olds-Alero-Service-Engine-Light-ftopict127208.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pb0304 > > > > > > -
Shifts hard after short drive on Freeway. Seems to Surge going up hill then Service engine soon light comes on. It will go off after a while, P1887 is what AutoZone tester reads
Don't see 1887, could be 1870, these are internal trans codes, try to get it scanned again and make a new post with the info.

-
P1887 sets when the PCM determines that the TCC release switch is open (indicating that the TCC is not applied) and the TCC slip speed indicates that the TCC is applied.
There is quite the diagnosis chart for this DTC. Mostly checking for open circuits and internal transmission leaks. I can e-mail it to you if you like.
Steve