2000 Park Avenue Not As Fast After Repairs

I had some repairs done, at a GM dealer, for a coolant leak (outside the engine) and fuel pressure leak. The Fuel Pressure leak has been around for awhile, and I decided to get it done while the car was there. Ever since then it's driving much slower and the RPM gauge doesn't exceed 4000, which is hard to get it up there. There are no codes (SES not lit). I haven't taken it back yet but I mentiioned it to them and I didn't like the baffled look on the mechanics face. I've noticed when I push the pedal that there is a lot more resistance then before. Whether the car is in limp mode or not, it would be nice if anyone here has any clue what could be causing this before I take it back.

Thanks!

Jeff

Have them look at the throttle body linkages.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

This is not what limp mode behaves like.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

From what I read about Limp Mode, I think you're correct. When you mention throttle body "linkages" what area does this pretain to? I'm just thumbing through my service manual and I have a few different chapters for the throttle body. There's the TB air inlet screen, TB Assembly, TB coolant system, TB position sensor.

Thanks,

Jeff

Oh never mind. Tons of info, when doing a google search on throttle linkage. I can't take the car in until next week so I'll do some reading up.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Just a couple of updates to see if anyone else thinks this is related to the throttle linkage. (Scroll down to read my original post) The car has not been back to the shop yet, so nothing new has been done. Since I've owned it, when it warms up, I rev it slightly and the engine slows down, thus the RPM gauge goes a little lower. Lately when I do this the RPM guage will go to around the 1200 RPM mark stop there (for a few seconds) and then it will go down below 1000 RPM. I rev it again and the exact same thing. It seems to be getting stuck there for some reason. After awhile it will stop doing this and the engine will decelerate properly.

Jeff