2000 Trans Am

I am thinking about getting a 2000 Trans Am and I was wondering what the people here thought about it. I was thinking of putting in some different headers and a better exhaust. What else do you think I
should do to it? The price of gas or insurance is not really a factor for deciding what will be done to this car.
Gabriel06 wrote:

Since cost is not a factor, I would seriously consider dropping in a Pontiac engine. That's what I would do if it were my car.

and good luck to you getting it road legal in any fashion, esp in a state w/ safety and/or emmissions inspections. There hasn't been a Poniac motor in what, 30 years?
-Bret
Paul wrote:

You can't be serious! The car comes with an LS1 new generation small block. Why on earth would you want to put some hunk of shit old Pontiac motor in it with a carb on it?
To the OP....it's a good car....drive it and then decide whether you really need to do anything to it. The 5.7 goes quite good.
Ian