2000 Yukon XL faulty ABS activation at low speeds

I have a 2000 Yukon XL (29,000 miles) which has been less than trouble-free, much to my regret.
The latest problem is that at very low speeds (~3 mph) as you continue to
apply the brakes to stop the truck on dry pavement the ABS kicks in and prevents a normal stop.
There is a NHTSA case on this and a recall has been ordered in Canada, but not yet the US. GM has a technical bulletin on this and basically the problem is one of corrosion on an unprotected part that is necessary for the ABS to work properly (I live in Michigan - as bad weather as Canada for sure). The fix is to take the brakes apart and sand off the corrosion. I have contacted GM Customer Assistance about this and was told to have the car examined by a GMC dealer. That is being done.
I'd like to know if any other US readers of this group have experienced a similar problem and whether they were able to get GM to do what they are already doing in Canada -- fix the problem at GM's expense.
GRL
"It's good to want things." S. Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist, Visual Basic.Net programmer)
I believe you will find there is a recall 2000-2001, full size pick ups and suv's. Check with a dealer.

-