2001 Bonneville steering?

OK, removed the intermediate steering shaft on my 2001 Bonneville and put in the lube kit to stop the stick/slip clunking noise. 1 year later, the same
noise is back only worse.
My question is; has there been anything done to remedy this problem except for the $17 lube kit? Will a new intermediate shaft stop the problem and prevent a reoccurrence?
Thanks,
I have the same problem with my 01 Impala. I have heard and read that there is a new revised ISS but who knows if this will permanently solve the problem since it has been out for less than a year. I had mine re-lubed since it only costs $100 versus $350 for the revised ISS at the dealer.

PM wrote:

There are new re-designed intermediate shafts available. Whether they actually work long term is an unknown. Personally, I'd just live with it until it's time to sell it or until you simply can't stand the noise anymore.
Ian

You evidently, don't have a wife.
PM wrote:

As a matter of fact, I do have a wife, a very beautiful one at that.
Ian
"shiden_kai" wrote:

You got that right Brotha, real beautiful :)
LeBuick wrote:

You've seen my wife?
Ian
Do you have any nude pictures of her?
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

No, as a matter of fact, I don't. At least not any that I'd share with you.
Ian
Does anybody know if that problem was fixed for year 2004? I bought a new 2004 Impala Sedan in June 2004 and it already has 54,000km since I drive a lot. The steering seems fine. How could I check?
Thanks.