2001 Impala Hesitation

2000 Impala, No codes, on hard acceleration, it will almost stall and then go full power. Even stopping at red light, it will almost stall, and then rev up and idle back to normal...Intermittently...Changed PCV valve, fuel filter, plugs, all the basics recently..doesnt seem related...Any ideas on what to look for... Thanks, Steve
Reply to
Steve

How's the idle. Stick a vacuum guage on it.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

When I first bought my old '91 Bonneville (3800) it did the same thing. No codes either. Turned out to be a bad coil pack. Replaced that and she still runs like a dream today...or she would if the battery wasn't dead. I do not know if your Impala has the 3800 II or the 3.4, or even if the problem could be the same on the newer engines, but thats what was wrong with mine.

Reply to
80 Knight

Do you hear on odd rattle under your feet sometimes?

My 2001 3800cc Impala had a bad catalytic converter whose first symptoms were intermittant hesitation as pieces clogged the exhaust. I recognized the sound because I'd just spent a summr trying to locate the source in my 95 Taurus.

The Taurus cat was on my dime-- but the Impala has either 100LK or lifetime on the emission parts.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht