2001 Impala Passlock Problem

I have a 2001 Impala 3800 that has started having problems with the security light coming on and staying on. When the light comes on the DRL start flashing and will not stop.
This happens after the car has warmed up and has been shut off for a few minutes. The lights begin flashing and the security light comes on and stays on. The only way to get the lights to quit flashing and get the security light to shut off is to turn the car off, raise the hood and let the engine cool all the way down. Has anyone got an idea on how to fix this problem and what might be the underlying problem. The car has been to the shop 5 times for this problem, and appears to be fixed for 1 or 2 days, than it's back to the same thing. The ignition has been replace twice (by the garage believing that's the problem) and still no fix. I contacted GM and they "researched it" but couldn't give me a fix or underlying problem. I did get a nice letter back telling me "thank you for your interest in GM" and "hope we can be of further assistance in the future". Along with the same contact information I've already been dealing with..
Please Help snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

That was on of the symptoms when my BCM [body control module] failed. [2000 Impala-- it failed in 2004]
-snip-

This was also the cure.

Grrrrrr. My mechanic & I both thought it must be the BCM. But to be on the safe side he called GM. [he has some sort of service plan so he can get "expert" advice direct from GM] They talked him into the ignition.

When I researched mine in 2004 I founds lots of folks in the same boat. Is GM pleading ignorance so they don't have to stand behind that obviously faulty part?
Jim [the following summer the Catalytic converter went bad. So your is due if our cars were from the same 'batch']