2001 Impala Security light/ Power door lock Troubleshooting Ques.

Recently, when shifting from drive to park the security icon displays in the message center. At the same time the headlights or DLRs (which ever is on at
the time) will go off for a split second. Going back to drive, everything is normal except the icon is still lit. The only way to clear it is to restart the car. The problem never happens when starting, only when shifting to park. This went on for a week or so, not every time, but pretty near. Yesterday the power locks quit working. Fuse is OK. I'm thinking the locks, a the same time the lights flicked off, were trying to lock and unlock at the same time and blew the output on the BCM. Normally doors unlock when shifted to park. Can anyone tell me where the BCM is located, does it have any output modules or fuses? I'm also wondering if the wiring harness has a short in it. Any tips would be appreciated. Mat
The BCM is located under the dash, almost behind the light switch. They are known to be troublesome. Expect the dealer to charge you $180 for a new BCM, and approx $100 labor. Bill 88 Lancer Shelby 91 LeBaron Convertible 01 Chevy Impala LS
May I ask what is BCM ? Thank you

lights behave, and many other functions. As mentioned in another post, it's tucked in behind the driver's side fusebox.