2001 Malibu Problem

The engine in this car continues to overheat at freeway speeds. We've replaced the water pump, thermostat, radiator, coolant tank and the pressure cap. Filled and bled the system, fans work, idles all day long with no
problems. Get up to speed and it overheats. Any ideas? Thanks.
Patrick

Did you put a pressure tester on the cooling system to see if it bleeds off in pressure? Are you loosing coolant? Cracked head? Did it overheat real bad prior to all of the problems you have now?
Brian

also check that your serpentine belt isn't glazed
might also want to check the performance of your tranny. if it's heating up.....
also, I know that you'd have ruled this out but if the car has a bra or some other restriction (big fog lights) that will reduce cooling efficiency.
Failing that you could have some obstruction in the engine somewhere. You'd have to reverse flush it and measure the flow to rule that out.
Best of luck & Merry Christmas

One gasket had a leak and caused the cooling system to lose pressure, causing the car to overheat whil driving.