2001 Malibu Radiator Question

Hi I'm 'New'to the Newsgroup.I want to change my dexcool antifreeze in my 2001 Malibu 3.1L and was looking around for the radiator drain. I think I found it, but not sure how
it works. What I found is a 'White' Plug or screw type plug (Plastic or Nylon?) on drivers side of radiator on the bottom most of radiator. Does anyone know if this is it and do I turn or remove it. Thanks for ANY info
--
Larry

Add pictures here
βœ–
Larry wrote:

That's it. You turn it counterclockwise 1/8 turn, then you must pull it out while turning another 1/8-1/4 turn. If it won't pull out easily by hand, put the tip of a screwdrive under it and pry gently while turning.
Ian
Add pictures here
βœ–
"" wrote: > Hi > I'm 'New'to the Newsgroup.I want to change my dexcool > antifreeze in my 2001 > Malibu 3.1L and was > looking around for the radiator drain. I think I found it, but > not sure how > it works. What I found is a 'White' Plug or screw type plug > (Plastic or > Nylon?) on drivers side of radiator on the bottom most of > radiator. Does > anyone know if this is it and do I turn or remove it. Thanks > for ANY info > > -- > Larry
Dex-Cool is good for 100,000 miles but your right it’s on the drivers side.
βœ–
dex-cool has caused nothing but money from people like you. get rid of it go back to green coolant its worked for how many years. i've work on cars for 12 years as a master tech and spend my nights advising people. the problem is not enough ground wires for the elec.system and the diffences in metals in the coolant system causes problems. you have a radiator with plastic ends and three differnt types of metal in the coolant system. the green coolant works best. and for your answer 1/4 extension will open the drain on the drivers side from the front
Add pictures here
βœ–
Thanks so much for the 'plug' info. I like that 1/4 extension used! Thanks again Guys!!! Larry
Add pictures here
βœ–