2001 Montana Vision - Aux Idle

When I plug a laptop (with DVD) or portable DVD into the RCA jacks in my console while plugged into an inverted, I get a message that flashes about
every 30 seconds "Aux idle." While this message is displayed, the screen is blanked out. If I operate my laptop on battery, I don't get this occurrence. I thought it was my inverted but have hooked it up to a Volt-Ohm meter and noticed no voltage movement when this occurs. The should coming out is still heard while the screen is blank (with the message) so the device isn't cutting out.
1. Anyone have problems plugging a device (game system, portable DVD, etc.) while plugged into an inverter? 2. I've heard of a known problem with a sliding door. Anyone have more info on it? I have the door that intermittently doesn't latch.
Also, thanks for the heads up about the exhaust manifold gasket problem. The wife just noticed oil on the driveway. The van has 35,190 miles on it. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow morning!