2001 Monte Carlo SS

Im having a problem with drive train,when I get up to 20 mph there is a roaring type noise that coincides with forward momentum of the car. I thought it might be a cv joint but when I put the front on stands
and put it in gear it seems to put both front wheels in a bind and slows them to a stop. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,thanx in advance.
Mo
Sounds like a ft wheel bearing issue. See if there is any play in the wheel hub assy, do this with the wheels on, not running of course.

-