2001 Monte SS Daytime Lights Flicker

When I initially start the car the daytime running lights flicker for a few seconds, then switch over to my regular headlights and a "Highbeam Out" message is displayed on the message center in the dash. The fog
lamps flicker, as well, when I turn them on, and the highbeam indicator in the dash (the blue headlight) flickers constantly.
Any ideas other then attempting to follow the wires for a short? I checked the ground wire for a bad connection, it was OK.