2001 Park Avenue Trouble changing spark plugs

Anyone have any suggestions on best way to access/change rear 3 plugs on 2001 Park Avenue. Got front three without a hitch, be darn if I can get out the back ones?

I would have to say the motor needs a tiltin just like my Regal.

I havent had to tilt my wifes 3800 in a LeSabre, but I always had to do it with my old Regal.
I dont know what he has in his Park Avenue or how it is set up, but I suspect a tilt will do the trick.
OK I am a dummy, what does a "tilt" or tiltin" mean, or are you guys just playing?

They mean you can usually pop the two front motor mounts off and 'tilt' the engine forward, giving you more room to reach down to the back of the engine to get at the rear plugs. I haven't been under the hood of a Park Avenue, but from what I know about them, you should have plenty of room to get your arm back there and take the plugs out. In my Bonnie, I sit in the engine bay and do it like that. Just don't sit on anything that will break ;-)

OK now I understand. I have tried "sitting" in engine bay, it helps. Car has 90k miles and never had plugs changed. Any ideas on getting the boot off the plug, I have been pulling on two of them several times with no success.
On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 21:20:57 -0500, "80 Knight"

If you are going to change the wires too, just use a pair of pliers to get the boot off the plug. Try and turn the boot back and forth as well, as if you are screwing it onto the plug. That may loosen it too.

Often the wires will break when you take them off. Not a bad idea to change them at the same time. It is often best to get to the plugs from underneath, but I'm not sure about the Park Ave.
I haven't done plugs yet on my 2005 Park Avenue but there is plenty of room between the engine & firewall and tilting the engine forward isn't really necessary. Just use some short extentions on your ratchet and a swivel attachment.
Good Luck
Haryface 05 Park Avenue 53,453 mi. 91 Bonnevill 308,130 mi.