2001 Pontiac Bonneville

My 2001 Bonneville has a noticeable clunking feel in the steering, particularly at low speeds. I checked ALLDATA.COM and found this T.S.B. Can anyone provide me with the contents of this Service Bulletin please? Thanks.

Technical Service Bulletin Titles for 2001 Pontiac Bonneville V6-3.8L SC VIN

  1. TSB Number & Issue Date TSB Title

04-02-35-004C DEC 04 Steering - Front End Clunk Noise When Turning
Reply to
StingRay

Its a TSB to replace the intermediate steering shaft...Common on alot of GM's..What it is is the shaft looses lube which in return gets play thats where your getting your glunking sound... GM also sells a lube with directions on it cheaper than replacing the whole shaft...Just 2 bolts hold it in one to the steering colum the other to the rack... S Cook

Reply to
Steve Cook

Thanks for your response Steve! Is this a safety issue or just a nuisance noise? The car is past the warranty period and I can live with the "clunk" if it's not a safety issue because I only hear it at very low speeds.

Reply to
StingRay

I guess I call the dealer at the beginning of the week, :-( Thanks again Steve!

Reply to
StingRay