2001 pontiac grand am WONT START AFTER CHANGING FUEL FILTER

i have just reached 50,000 miles,and was suggested from a guy i know at napa ,to change my fuel filter.it was running okay ,a little sluggish,before i changed it. now that i have changed it,the car willnot start at all.can anyone help me?

Reply to
york

Maybe the battery is dead. Did you leave the lights on?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Did you pull the fuel pump fuse or unplug the fuel pump to relieve the fuel pressure and then forget to plug it back in?

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Is it possible to install the filter backwards?

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

Don't know about your case, but some fuel filters have a check valve that won't allow fuel to flow both directions --- and it's possible to put them in backwards. Found this out the hard way a few years ago.

Good Luck, Mark

Reply to
Mark Sparge