2001 Prism door problem

This happens a couple of times each winter. When we have a heavy rain that turns to snow followed by a hard freeze, The driver side door has problems. First the latch is hard to operate and then the door won't stay closed. After running the heater for fifteen minutes the door will stay closed. Where would the water be getting in? I would like to cover the area during the rain to prevent this problem.

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

It is probably more a problem of lubrication than freezing water....

---MIKE---

Reply to
Woody