2002 3.8 Liter Chevy Impala

Hello,
I have a 2002 Chevy Impala with the 3.8 liter engine with about 32,000 miles on it and wanted to know about several issues:
1. I have not yet had the upper intake manifold redone with the new
screws with the tablets put in the antifreeze per the recall notice.
My question is has this "patch" fixed the problem or caused more problems? I currently monitor the Dexcool overflow to make sure it has not gone down significantly. It has not, so I have yet to get this done at the dealership.
2. Also feel some clicking in steering wheel when I make slow turns in the car. Is this a steering shaft problem and do they have a temp fix for this as well? If so what is it.
These are the only 2 concerns I currently have. Are there any other major issues that I should be concerned about down the road? I am considering buying a GM extended warranty because some of these fixes can become quite expensive and I am not sure if any of the fixes are permanent.
Thanks In Advance
Add pictures here
✖
Curtis wrote:

My car has the same engine, and there was a recall notice. Mine did not have any symptoms, but the recall campaign is free, so I had it done. Mine still does not have any symptoms. You might as well. The price is right.
---Bob Gross---
Add pictures here
✖
"Robertwgross" wrote: > Curtis wrote: > >I have a 2002 Chevy Impala with the 3.8 liter engine with about > 32,000 > >miles on it > > My car has the same engine, and there was a recall notice. > ---Bob Gross---
I have a 2000 Lasebre with a 3.8. Do I have the same engine? I didn’t receive anything about a recall, how can I get mine done?
✖
LeBuick wrote:

Yup. GM used the 3.8L series 1 engine at least from '91 until around '95 or so. The series 2 engines around '95-'97 had some manifold problems. Then they fixed it, or so they thought. The '98-'01 models seem to be better. My '02 was in the recall, but it had no symptoms going. That is what GM dealers are for.
---Bob Gross---
Add pictures here
✖
The steering column will be pumped full of grease.
Good Luck
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,558 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
✖
Harry Face wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Yes, If you are in the habit of going from reverse to drive without coming to a complete stop, you will destroy a component in the transmission that may cause a total rebuild. Unless my friend got shafted and didn't really need rebuild.
Anyone else heard of this happening??

Add pictures here
✖
This does not sound realistic unless you are moving extremely fast in reverse. Ideally shifting out of reverse should be done at full stop, but I've shifted my 2000 Impala LS at very slow reverse speeds before and car is doing fine. Also I normally stop fully, and my wife always does. Roy

Add pictures here
✖