2002 blazer- ignition key won't turn to start engine

Woken up this morning by the wife, who couldn't turn the ignition key to start a 2002 blazer. Ran fine last night when she parked it, but now the
key will not turn when inserted in the ignition and the transmission is locked in Park. It's parked on a level surface (no torque lock), and the steering wheel is also locked. Key has been fully inserted, and have tried turning the wheel hard left then right as manual recommends, but no joy. Cannot shift car into neutral either- whole steering column is locked.
Any advice?
I know you said you turned the wheel, but I've found that I have to relieve pressure on the wheel in order to turn the key. Sometimes that just means holding the wheel with a little pressure in the direction the wheels are pointing while turning the key to unlock the steering wheel.

Thanks, but already tried that with no luck. The tires are pointed straight forward, and the steering wheel hardly moves at all in either direction. Cannot turn the key (or the spare key) at all in the ignition- it's locked. No idea what to do- wife had an old Saturn which had a button on the steering column to assist in these cases, but none here.
Any advice out there? May have to have it towed to a dealer, which could be pricey since we're nowhere close to town.

Try a little LockEzz or another graphite lub in the lock. I use to have the problem with my Venture about once a year until I started lubing it every 6 months. The only thing that can prevent the cylinder turning is the tumblers not lining up...

Same thing happened to my father's 97 S10 and the garage had to replace the ignition switch. They said it was worn and wouldn't turn. $37 I think.
Karl