2002 Bravada problem

Here we go.....It was 4 degrees today and my 2002 Bravada had to sit outside for about 6 hours this evening. When leaving, luckily to only go 2 blocks, the service engine light came on as well as the "reduced engine power" light.

I'm sick and tired of paying top dollar for these automobiles, only to have these types of problems.

Does anyone have any idea why this happened, and if it is related to the extreme cold? It has 29000 miles, and has never had any major problems until now.

Thanks.

Reply to
Bill

John

The only way to determine the problem is to read out the codes. It should still be under warranty so check all the fluid levels, make sure the gas cap is tight and take it in for service....

Reply to
Woody

Well, I called Onstar to get a diagnostic check and they said it was code P1275. I then called the dealer and they said it was related to an accellerator feedback transducer error. The accellerator position is linearly proportional to a feedback voltage to the computer. Evidently, this transducer may have failed or read erroneously. Anyway, the car sat in a warm garage overnight and now, everything is working fine and the Service Engine and Reduced Engine Power lights are off.

I am taking it in for service on Monday, but in the meantime, I suppose the car can't be used for cold weather. UNBELIEVABLE.

Reply to
Bill

It could have been a one time fluke, in our Blazer all the guages went to the far left at one time and they've never done it since.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

You should fell lucky it screwed up before the warranty was up......

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

I have purchased new Ford, GM, Daimler-Chrysler, VW, Volvo and Honda products over the years. Every one of them has had one of more failures during the warranty period which required trips to the dealer service department to get fixed.

It is not unbelievable that something has broken on your vehicle.

Automobiles are complex beasts and things break.

What is amazing is that you have a vehicle which could be diagnosed remotely by hitting the OnStar button. That is pretty darn cool.

John

Reply to
John Horner

If you think about it, the conditions we expect a vehicle to operate in with no problems is amazing. 0 - 100 degrees F or more. Thermal variation is one of the big problems with electronics and controls.

Reply to
WhyDoYouAsk