2002 Grand Am Speed Sensor?

My daughter has a 2002 Grand Am that gave out a Code P0502, Veh Speed Sensor A Circuit Low Input. I think this is a pretty generic code, does anybody
have any idea which wheel one would look at first? The speedometer doesn't work either, which I am hoping narrows it down to one wheel. Any help on this would be appreciated.
--
Doug

VSS is an electronic signal generated by a sensor in the transaxle. it affects cruise control, speedometer, odometer and fuel metering operation. more than likely the sensor itself if all related wireing is intact. very simple to replace..........kjun
Thanks I'll check them out and see what I come up with.

-
Turns out the wires going to the outer speed sensor were tore off. I can't figure out whether something wrapped around the half shaft and cut them off, or some varmint did it. Anyhow a little soldering, some shrink tubing,some electrical tape, and a couple of wire ties and its back on the road.

-

congrats!.........many times it doesnt take an engineer to fix a prob. just a direction to go..............kjun