2002 Grand Prix computer Reset

I am just wondering how do I reset the computer after I change the ignition switch on a 2002 grand prix with a theft system

Reply to
Mike & Chris

[...]

No reset needed for the ignition switch.

If the ignition lock cylinder is replaced, a passkey reset needs to be performed.

If you're experiencing a problem, it would be a good idea to relate specifically what it is.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Try rec.autos tech or do a google search. The usual posters here know nothing about cars.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

No reset needed for the ignition switch.

If the ignition lock cylinder is replaced, a passkey reset needs to be performed.

If you're experiencing a problem, it would be a good idea to relate specifically what it is.

Reply to
Mike & Chris

What happens when you open the door?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

2002 Might it have a RAP module?
Reply to
Steve W.

That's what I'm thinking. Haven't checked Mitchell yet...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Just looked. Shows a RAP relay.

Reply to
Steve W.

Just looked. Shows a RAP relay.

Reply to
Mike & Chris

Retained Accessory Power module = It's a power subsystem that is on a timer. The idea behind it is that you can drive someplace, turn the key OFF and until you open a door the radio, lights, seats, windows will all work for approx. 20 minutes. My wife loves it because she uses her vehicle as a lunchroom and the timer works just right for her 30 minute lunches.

BUT if the module fails it can lock on the power for longer than the twenty minutes.

Reply to
Steve W.

Retained Accessory Power module = It's a power subsystem that is on a timer. The idea behind it is that you can drive someplace, turn the key OFF and until you open a door the radio, lights, seats, windows will all work for approx. 20 minutes. My wife loves it because she uses her vehicle as a lunchroom and the timer works just right for her 30 minute lunches.

BUT if the module fails it can lock on the power for longer than the twenty minutes.

Reply to
Mike & Chris

If it is just starting to fail the problem you are seeing could be the RAP module.

The way it works is, Drive someplace shut off the key and you can still run the accessories you want. Until you open one of the doors. You can also just turn the key to ON and start the timer again.

Reply to
Steve W.