2002 Grand Prix computer Reset

I am just wondering how do I reset the computer after I change the ignition switch on a 2002 grand prix with a theft system

I am just wondering how do I reset the computer after I change the ignition switch on a 2002 grand prix with a theft system
I am just wondering how do I reset the computer after I change the ignition switch on a 2002 grand prix with a theft system
I am just wondering how do I reset the computer after I change the ignition switch on a 2002 grand prix with a theft system
I am just wondering how do I reset the computer after I change the ignition switch on a 2002 grand prix with a theft system
I am just wondering how do I reset the computer after I change the ignition switch on a 2002 grand prix with a theft system
On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 11:40:31 -0500, "Mike & Chris"

Try rec.autos tech or do a google search. The usual posters here know nothing about cars.
--Vic

No reset needed for the ignition switch.
If the ignition lock cylinder is replaced, a passkey reset needs to be performed.
If you're experiencing a problem, it would be a good idea to relate specifically what it is.
when I turn the key to the off position the lights and radio are still left on. I have to keep turning the key on and off till it finally goes to the off position this doesn't happen all the time
"aarcuda69062" wrote in message wrote:

No reset needed for the ignition switch.
If the ignition lock cylinder is replaced, a passkey reset needs to be performed.
If you're experiencing a problem, it would be a good idea to relate specifically what it is.

What happens when you open the door?
aarcuda69062 wrote:

2002 Might it have a RAP module?
--
Steve W.

That's what I'm thinking. Haven't checked Mitchell yet...
aarcuda69062 wrote:

Just looked. Shows a RAP relay.
Everything still stays on when I open the door. Where is he RAP relay and what does it do
"Steve W." wrote in message wrote:

Just looked. Shows a RAP relay.
Mike & Chris wrote:

Retained Accessory Power module = It's a power subsystem that is on a timer. The idea behind it is that you can drive someplace, turn the key OFF and until you open a door the radio, lights, seats, windows will all work for approx. 20 minutes. My wife loves it because she uses her vehicle as a lunchroom and the timer works just right for her 30 minute lunches.
BUT if the module fails it can lock on the power for longer than the twenty minutes.
--
Steve W.

It's hard to tell what the causes this because it won't happen all the time, when I got the car the guy was showing me what it did and he was pulling the key out whether he wore out the key by pulling it out all the time or he ruined the inside of the key cylinder and the key shouldn't come out when this happens. If it is RAP it should happen all the time I would figure is this correct
"Steve W." wrote in message
Mike & Chris wrote:

Retained Accessory Power module = It's a power subsystem that is on a timer. The idea behind it is that you can drive someplace, turn the key OFF and until you open a door the radio, lights, seats, windows will all work for approx. 20 minutes. My wife loves it because she uses her vehicle as a lunchroom and the timer works just right for her 30 minute lunches.
BUT if the module fails it can lock on the power for longer than the twenty minutes.
--
Steve W.

Mike & Chris wrote:

If it is just starting to fail the problem you are seeing could be the RAP module.
The way it works is, Drive someplace shut off the key and you can still run the accessories you want. Until you open one of the doors. You can also just turn the key to ON and start the timer again.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)