2002 Impala - Transmission Pressure Control Solenoid

Good Evening, I have a Transmission Code P1811 showing up on my 2002 Impala... After checking the diagnostics and pressure readings, it would appear that
the Pressure Control Solenoid is defective... Does the transmission need to be removed to replace this piece or can it be done in the vehicle...
Steve
Side cover needs to come off, this may not be a dyer job for you.

-
Steve, how many miles on your car? Are you experiencing harsh shifts? This is the TSB: Cars with the HydraMatic 4T65-E transaxle may suffer harsh upshifts or harsh garage shifts, soft shifts, shudders on hard acceleration, or erratic shifts due to line pressure output affected by sediment inside the pressure control (PC) solenoid valve, sediment in the valve body or an incorrect transaxle oil level (0O-07-30-002B, July 2002).
I had the pressure control solenoid replaced just recently and my Impala only has 30K miles. It's not cheap because the dealership requires 4.5 hours to complete the job. I have read that some or lets just say many 98-03 4T65 have defective PCS.

I have same thing. Transmission shop saying just replacinf this will not correct the underlying issue; worn plates. 86000 miles on trans. Recommending a rebuild (of course). Any suggestions from anyone on how to determine if trans needs rebuild for sure, or just this OCS going bad anbd needind replacement?
I have a 2001 LS. Same problem. Just diagnosed at 117,000 miles. No rebuild needed...still an $800 repair. New solenoid, fluid, probably new axle seals (multiple). Don't get screwed.