2002 monte SS

Just an FIY I bought a 2002 monte, and about a month ago noticed it didnt seem as fast as it should be, and when help to the floor, it would hit redline, and not
shift up. Well it kept getting worse and would do this no upshift bit at 4500 rpm. then the CEL would flash, let off the gas and the CEL would stop flashing. I poped in a new air filter, same deal, and some fuel injector cleaner. I tried a few more times to floor it, and it got to 4500, and back fired! then the CEL stayed on, so I took it to a dealer, and they replaced the CAT free of charge, and it runs like new agian. Wierd...
Hrm.....my '95 Monte has the same symptoms, except no MIL. I wonder if my cat is clogged.

Steve, a quick check would be temp of the inlet of the cat vs the outlet, a good act is 100 degrees at least higher at the outlet, use a non contact thermo.

-

Just so happens that I have an infrared thermometer. ;) I will check it.
57C before the cat, 97C after the cat.

outlet,