2002 Pontiac Montana break lights and cruise

Hello,
Friend's 2002 Pontiac Montana has some problems. 1. Center break light works, but not the main ones, either left or right 2. Cruise fails to engage sometimes, more and more.
I will see the vehicle tomorow, any obvious suggestions experiences on that? If it turns out to be signals switch, any succeses in repairing this, or should I just get a new one. Where I should start to look at the cruise, fuses were checked.
Ziggie

I had a similar brake light problem after having a fuel pump replaced on an S-10 truck. The mechanic had pinched the wire bundle that runs along the frame when he reinstalled the tank.
I'm clueless regarding #2.
HTH Mark
On my truck if my cruise fails to engage I tap the brake pedal. It then usually works. I told the dealer of this while it was under warranty, but they must not of had time to fix it (yeah right). Any how I was told that one can adjust a switch down by the brake pedal, but I have not looked into mine yet.

-