2002 Pontiac Sunfire Power window problems

Threaded View

Hi All,

I have a problem with my drivers side power window.  It goes down fine,
but sometimes it gets stuck going up intermittently.  Sometimes it goes
up ok, other time it goes up a bit, then stops.   Then you wait a bit
and press the button and it goes up a bit more.  Basically, it goes up
in stages.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it
without breaking the bank?

TIA
Nadia

Re: 2002 Pontiac Sunfire Power window problems

Having the same exact problem just today, thinking its something
related to the circuit breaker being kicked out, the motor could be
drawing too many amps and kicking it out for a while.

Will dig into it and let you know what I did.

Re: 2002 Pontiac Sunfire Power window problems

Well all did was replace the circuit breaker with a higher amp one, it
fixed the problem.

Didnt cost much either, just bring to a trustworthy electician/mechanic
and tell him i need to change the window's CIRCUIT BREAKER to a higher
amperage one.

Should fix the problem, GOOD LUCK!

Site Timeline