2002 Pontiac Sunfire Power window problems

Hi All,

I have a problem with my drivers side power window. It goes down fine, but sometimes it gets stuck going up intermittently. Sometimes it goes up ok, other time it goes up a bit, then stops. Then you wait a bit and press the button and it goes up a bit more. Basically, it goes up in stages.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it without breaking the bank?

TIA Nadia

Having the same exact problem just today, thinking its something related to the circuit breaker being kicked out, the motor could be drawing too many amps and kicking it out for a while.

Will dig into it and let you know what I did.

madhatress wrote:

Well all did was replace the circuit breaker with a higher amp one, it fixed the problem.

Didnt cost much either, just bring to a trustworthy electician/mechanic and tell him i need to change the window's CIRCUIT BREAKER to a higher amperage one.

Should fix the problem, GOOD LUCK!