2002 Sunfire Service Campaign

Just picked up my 2002 Sunfire, Ecotech engine, A/T, A/C, from the dealer after a warranty repair. They told me they also performed a "recall" on the car.

This "recall" was Service Campaign #03064 and was a software upgrade to the PCM. They had no further information they could give me.

Can anyone give me the details of this upgrade, what it was for and how it will affect performance and gas mileage?

TIA,

Larry

Reply to
Larry Winkler

This appears to be a new calibration to improve emissions diagnostics:

"This bulletin provides information about installing new Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software and calibration on certain 2002-2003 vehicles equipped with 2.2L 4 cylinder engines. The revised calibration includes several OBD system improvements that should be installed as soon as practical. Install the new calibration on all affected vehicles identified in this bulletin, including vehicles in new dealer inventory and any vehicles that return for service, for any reason, during the applicable 8 year 80,000 mile (130,000 km) emission warranty coverage period."

Reply to
Robert Hancock