2003 : Auto Upkeep Figures

Miles driven in 2003 = 25,128

Routine Maintenance & Repairs $2431.07

Fuel Cost ( 84 Fill ups ) = $1740.22

Total = $4171.29

----------------------------------------- Fuel Cost since vehicle was new, Feb 4,1991 to Dec 31, 2003 = $16,512.85

======== Harryface ======== ( who wonders what parts he'll be buying in 2004 ? )

1991 Bonneville LE 3800V6 _~_~_~274,504_~_~~_~
Reply to
Harry Face

Well is is paid off, so its just like having a $200 a month car payment for Harry there.

Reply to
Paradox

"Harry Face" wrote

I don't know how you guys can afford these kind of costs (I'm assuming that is in one year?)!

Ian (who spent 24.00 dollars in routine maintenance and repairs on my k-car in 2003)

Reply to
shiden_kai

$24.00 for the whole year!? Only one oil change last year...heh? Must not drive much then.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

"James C. Reeves" wrote

Right...I work in a GM dealership...you don't really think it costs me any money other then filters for oil changes do you?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

"Paradox" wrote

Which is about $170 a month more then I want to pay for "regular maintenance".

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Well it is a 13 year old car, to each his own I guess...

Reply to
Paradox

"Paradox" wrote

And mine is an 18 year old car. Of course, I have no doubt that Harry wouldn't want to be seen dead in my car anyway. Heh heh....

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

this reminds me, its almost time to bribe the lube rack guys to do my 2nd oil change of the year.

Reply to
Paradox

"Paradox" wrote

Unfortunately....I can't trust any of the lube rack guys in our shop.....well....Cathy is ok, but she's a lady.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

$2431.07 is a lot of money for maintenance and repairs. Besides oil changes, what has your bonneville required that would amount to that much money? Don't you think you need a new car if you are spending that much money on maintenance?

Reply to
Vince Markarian

see the thread in the pontiac group, he answered that Q. It was more "repair" than "maintenance"

-- GW - Conservational Ergonomist - note incorrect email address

V> $2431.07 is a lot of money for maintenance and repairs. Besides oil

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Miles in 2003 (across an 86 GMC S15 Jimmy and 2001 Trans Am)

12,000 (about 6000 miles each.)

Maintenace & Repairs: Jimmy: $450 (balljoints, shocks, etc.) Trans Am: $300 (not including the nitrous kit.) (oil changes, spark plugs.) (my labour is free.)

Fuel: $1400 ($700 each)

Total Mileage: Jimmy: 266,000 km (165,000 miles) - 30,000 km by me. Trans Am: 37,000 km - all by me.

Ray

Reply to
ray

I have no idea, actually. :-)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

You sound like my mother in law. For probably the last 10 years that's about all she spent on her 1988 Dodge Aries K-car (the $20-$30 a year like you). This year she needed a lot of stuff done...$800 dollars worth! But she only has about 100,000 miles on it...not 275,000 miles! How many miles on your K car and what has your _average_ cost been over the past 5 years?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Hmmm..I think 2003 was the first year I finally did some high dollar maintenance on my '84 T/A. Spent around $200 for a new rear brake caliper, pads, and front rotors. From 1998-2002 I put around $100 in maintenance. All I ever have to do is change the oil. I can't complain about reliability!

Reply to
Dennis Smith

I think I've spent that in three years for fuel in my '71 T/A!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Reply to
Dennis Smith

That's the worst part of a Trans Am - the tire bill. I made it to just over 20,000 miles on the first set of tires on my new one. I used to barely make it a weekend on my old one on a set of tires.

Reply to
ray