2003 cavalier staeting problem

I have a 2003 cavalier . Lately it turns over but won't start the first couple of times. Then it starts and runs fine. Now i notice it will start and run for a few seconds then dies. Any ideas out there? Also
how do i pull up the codes from the computer? Thanks for any help.
budro wrote:

Well, the problem is either due to lack of (or incorrect timing of) fuel and/or spark. Sounds almost like a fuel pump or regulator going bad. You can retrieve the codes with a code reader. How do you know that there are codes to retrieve?
Those cars are known for crank sensor problems . If fuel pressure is OK, and voltage present, either coil pack, or crank sensor. * this is repeated advice, I hope it helps. *