2003 Grand Am Headlights

Has anyone else found the headlights on the '03 (and similar years) Grand Am to be sorely lacking? This is the first car I've had in a while with a
single bulb system and I'm growing increasingly dissatisfied with the throw of the headlights. Low beams are quite inadequate and high beams aren't much better than what one would expect from lows.
I've adjusted the lights but can't get them to light up the road like I believe they should. Most cars in the same model year or close, as this car throw a much whiter light and a better pattern. It's really a noticeable difference when I drive either my daughter's '98 Malibu or my wife's '04 Sonata. Both throw a much wider, much whiter pattern that reaches out significantly further than my Grand Am. Both are a two light system. As an aside - that Sonata *really* lights up the road.
I'm wondering if others are equally unhappy with their Grand Am headlights, or in any modifications (different bulbs, etc.) that others may have found beneficial.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Heck, we have the same problem with our 99 jimmy, and it has the 4 bulb system....they just dont seem as good as the old lights were.

Could it be we are all getting older and not seeing as well .LOL

And you find that to be a laughing matter??? Let me tell you - if I could see you, I'd do a thing or two...
I have to say though - I *know* my ability to see in lower light conditions is really getting sucky these days, and that's what makes me really appreciate the nice bright lights on some cars.