2003 Malibu tire replacement question

I am going to need to replace my crappy OEM all-seasons before winter arrives, but since I only plan on keeping the car just over a year, I don't want to spend a fortune on tires.
My car takes P215/60R15 tires, but none of the places that offer the "buy 1, get the 2nd at half price" carry that tire in their deals.
I have figured out that I can change to a P205/65R15 and apparently still be in spec. (Snow tires are not an option, as they will not fit the vehicle we plan on getting next).
The question is, is it a wise move to switch from P215/60R15 to P205/65R15 tires.