2003 Sierra Driver Power seat Dead

The power seat on the driver's side just quit working. I ohmed the 30 amp circuit breaker, and it is good. I also tried swapping it with the

25 amp c.b next to it with no change in results. The seat won't move in any direction.
Reply to
danpoet

Basic troubleshooting time. Have you checked for voltage at the switch? Do any of the seat controls work? You might want to check out a Haynes or a Chilton's manual for schematic diagrams of your vehicle wiring.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Mike- how many miles on the truck and what area of the country are you from. Reason- if you have some miles on it and are from an area where moisture could have gotten on driver side floor area- I believe that the wires run under foot on the drivers side. Thus if you've got power at fuse block and find nothing at the switch then you've lost it between the seat and the fuse block. On the S series Blazers(which specialize in) this is a frequent problem and there are issues with the wires that run under foot. So in conclusion...power at the fuse block and none at the seat-trace out the wires under foot.. May have to cut out the bad and in with the new. A wiring diagram would be helpful but not mandatory. If power at the seat then...possible/probable switch problem. Good luck and Merry snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com

Mike Marlow wrote:

Reply to
jerry